Please pay close attention to the following information and instructions:
If you are currently on antibiotics or being treated for an infection, please call the office prior to your injection appointment.
- You have been scheduled for a joint injection, which is useful to treat pain and determine if your pain is coming from a particular joint.
- You will be receiving an injection of local anesthetic, corticosteroids, and a small amount of contrast dye. Please inform us if you have had any prior allergic reactions to the above-listed medications.
- The local anesthetic effect can last several hours after your injection, and you may experience temporary numbness or weakness. We advise that you refrain from driving the day of your procedure. Please bring a driver to your appointment or arrange for someone to pick you up from your appointment. If you can’t bring a driver, please let us know.
- Please refrain from eating or drinking 4 hours prior to your appointment time. You may eat and drink immediately following your injection.
- If you take routine medications, you may take these on the day of your injection as scheduled with a small sip of water.
- If you are on any blood-thinning medications, please notify our office. You may need to temporarily stop blood thinning medications for a few days prior to your appointment.